CheMastery is automating how research and manufacture are carried out in chemical laboratories.
The chemical industry is a large and ever-growing market however, the work is still carried out mostly manually and chemical processes remained unchanged over the past 160 years. The lack of standardisation and digitisation created many problems for this fundamental industry, including reproducibility and cost/time efficiency which cost millions annually.
An early start-up in London, looking to expand its highly interdisciplinary team of exceptionally talented mechanical and electronic engineers, software developers, data scientists and chemists. All positions at CheMastery come with an extraordinary level of freedom to showcase your skill.
The position as mechanical engineer is a permanent full-time position.
As a mechanical engineer you will have sole responsibility for one part of the project. You will have the freedom to see your project through its entire engineering life cycle from the planning stage, prototyping, testing all the way to final production. The wider team will include electronic engineers, software developers and chemists.
You will be responsible for the design of a specific part of the system, including practical prototype building and assembly testing. You will coordinate with electronic engineers developing sensor solutions and PCBs as well as chemist users.
Your job will include commissioning and deployment of your system. You will have the opportunity to observe your solution first-hand in customers’ sites.
· MEng/MSc or equivalent
· Experienced with industry standard CAD Software (Solid Edge, Solidworks) and its respective modelling and analysis capabilities.
· Love practically building and iterating what you design, applicants may demonstrate through interests and projects outside of work.
· Proven track record designing and executing in one of: fluid mechanics & pressurised systems, corrosive environment, chemical instrumentation, thermal design.
· Generation of technical documentation (e.g., design specifications, test specifications/procedures, assembly instructions)
· Product data management (Version Control, BoMs, Family Trees, etc.)
· Design for Manufacture / Test (DFM/DFT).
· Problem solving skills and good interdisciplinary communication.
· Open to the environment of a start up with all its challenges and rewards.
· Proven track record designing and executing in multiple of: fluid mechanics & pressurised systems, corrosive environment, chemical instrumentation, thermal design.
· Experience with stress analysis (shock, vibration, pressure fluctuation).
· Experience with structural analysis / simulations using classical methods and FEM.
· Experience with integrating sensors.
· Designed complex components made from glass.
· Project management / history of sole responsibility.
· Previous start up experience.
· Team lead experience.
You should be an engineer with an experimental mindset and a passion to apply your work in commercial products. You should be excited to work in a multi-discipline team and open to learn from other disciplines.
You must be entitled to work in the UK.
A friendly, transparent, creative, and fast-paced working environment.
Working closely with the company’s founders and career progression opportunities as the company grows.
CheMastery is an equal opportunities employer.
If you think you have what it takes to join a team set to revolutionise chemistry, we want to hear from you! Contact email@example.com.