cheMastery is standardising and automating how research and manufacture are carried out in chemical laboratories. cheMastery is creating a software-hardware solution to revolutionise the work that is currently done manually.
The chemical industry is a large and ever-growing market however, the work is still carried out mostly manually and chemical processes remained unchanged over the past 160 years. The lack of standardisation and digitisation created many problems for this fundamental industry, including reproducibility and cost/time efficiency which cost millions annually.
An early start-up in London, looking to build a highly interdisciplinary team of exceptionally talented mechanical and electronic engineers, software developers, data scientists and chemists. All positions at cheMastery come with an extraordinary level of freedom to showcase your skill.
The position as Full Stack Developer is a permanent full-time position.
As a developer you will have sole responsibility for all software running computer-side of our laboratory automation robot. The computer will be fully under your control giving you the freedom to choose hardware befitting your solution. Your layer of our full stack chemistry solution will cover everything between our custom electronics up to the UI. The wider team includes mechanical and electronics engineers, as well UI/UX developers, machine learning scientist and chemists.
· You will have sole responsibility to design the computer side software solution
· Development of a communication solution with our custom electronics together with our firmware and electronic engineers
· Specification of the COTS hardware that your solution will run on
· Integration of our NLP solution together with our machine learning scientist and UI developer
· Coordination with in-house chemists as the model users
· Full Stack development experience
· 2ndLanguage (C, C++, C#, Java, etc.)
· System architecture experience
· Experience in system administration
· Problem solving skills and good interdisciplinary communication
· Open to the environment of a start up with all its challenges and rewards
· Passion for electronics, sensors, chemistry / STEM
· Robotics / Hardware Automation
· Front End / UX
· Experience with integrating sensors
· Project management / history of sole responsibility
· Previous start up experience
· Team lead experience
You should be a developer with an experimental mindset and a passion to apply your work in commercial products. You should be excited to work in a multi-discipline team and open to learn from other disciplines.
You must be entitled to work in the UK.
A friendly, transparent, creative, and fast-paced working environment.
Working closely with the company’s founders and career progression opportunities as the company grows.
Office/workshop and remote working.
Competitive salary, company equity and pension options.
cheMastery is an equal opportunities employer.
If you think you have what it takes to join a team set to revolutionise chemistry, we want to hear from you! Contact email@example.com.